I move out mid-September. I love my home, I love my parents, but I could not be more ready to leave this place and live on my own. There is nothing left for me here and college dangles like a carrot in front of my face. I am ready to start the rest of my life. Being here feels like waiting at a roadblock that is stopping me from obtaining my freedom and progress.

Don't get me wrong, I'll miss home when I move out but after Italy I know that I'm ready for it and I can handle it. I mean, I got three stitches in a foreign country surrounded by people I had known a week! But that's a story for another time.

For the time being, I have to try and enjoy this summer of waiting, try and get a job and recover some money. It won't be easy but I know I should try and savor time at home before I go away to college. Two months.